Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We have a website!

Well, sort of...

I just got off the phone with the most wonderful business consultant at godaddy.com.  You can't go wrong with an internet company that will sit and talk with you at length and offer to help with anything you need to build your site.

Let's back up.  When I published "Poverty Prepping" I wanted to make a wesite to go with it so I could provide more information on prepping, especially pertaining to low-budget.  I didn't know anything about making a wesite, so I made this blog instead, since I know how to do a blog. 

Last week, when I discovered the take-off of my own book, I decided I better grab the domain name while I could.  My daughter bought the domain name for me and set up my account with godaddy.  She told me it wasn't much different from making a blog, but that she would help me.  Life got busy with Thanksgiving and the acount sat, untouched. 

This morning, while I was tripping over my 2-year old grandson, a very patient and informative young man called from GoDaddy and talked to me at length about web sites and made suggestions for things that would make it a good site and bring more traffic.  I appreciated his blend of just enough "techi-ness" and just enough "real person" that I understood the things he was saying.

While discussing the basic ideas of Poverty Prepping in relation to what sort of content I would have on the site, it turned out that this man and his wife are preppers.  We had a nice conversation on the subject and I felt even better about our choice of company for hosting our site, besides liking an approachable company that will help people use their service or product.

So, the bottom line is that we're going to be building a website to go with this blog!  It'll be:  http://www.povertyprepping.com.  There's nothing on it at this minute, but hopefully we'll have it started today.  I'll keep you posted.

Susan
povertyprepping@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I started bumbling through some of the first steps today but as you'll see if you go look at it, I'm definitely not very 'techie'! We'll get there, though, and I'm trying to laugh at myself and not get too frustrated! :)

      Susan

      Delete
  2. Blogger needs a like button... Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yeah, a "like" or "thumbs-up" button would be cool!

      Delete